This course provides trainees with best practices for securing and transporting equipment on trailers. A significant percentage of fatal accidents involving heavy equipment occur when loading and unloading from a trailer. Accidents can also happen when transporting equipment if it is not properly secured to the trailer. This course helps trainees to understand the provisions of the 2006 USA Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration 49 CFR, Part 393 regulation. It will also help them to reduce or eliminate an all too common source of equipment mishaps.
Key topics covered in this course include:
- The types of trailers used to haul heavy equipment
- How to read a trailer load capacity plate
- How to safely load and unload equipment from trailers
- Equipment tie-down methods and procedures
- How to calculate the Aggregate Working Load Limit (AWLL)