An interactive soil mechanics tool for analysis of phase relationships for soils. This tool is actually many tools rolled into one. It allows analysis of seven different variables from different combinations of parameters.
Notes on Phase Relationships for Soils
- Step 1: Select unknown (parameter to be determined).
- Step 2: Select known parameters (determined from lab or field experiments).
- Step 3: Enter known parameter values into phase diagram.
- Step 4: View output (generated automatically).
- NOTE: Additional relationships can be calculated after each query, but user is responsible for checking consistency between known parameters. To avoid inconsistences, use the reset button at the beginning of each query.
If you have suggestions for additional equations, please contact the tool author.
Values displayed with a may be changed ... click on a value to display an entry form ... or use the arrows right of a value to select from a list.
This tool exhibits spreadsheet-like behaviour ... change a value and related values are re-calculated automatically.