An interactive tool for determination of true dip from apparent dip measured on a borehole core.
Notes on Geology - True Dip from Apparent Core Dip
- Tool determines true dip from apparent core dip in a surveyed borehole.
- 0 < Apparent Core Dip < 90 degrees (+ve down from normal to core axis)
- 0 < Hole Deviation from Vertical < 45 degrees
- 0 < Hole Azimuth < 360 degrees (+ve clockwise from North)
- 0 < Dip Azimuth < 360 degrees (+ve clockwise from North)
- 0 < True Dip < 90 degrees (+ve down from horizontal)
Values displayed with a may be changed ... click on a value to display an entry form ... or use the arrows right of a value to select from a list.
This tool exhibits spreadsheet-like behaviour ... change a value and related values are re-calculated automatically.