An interactive tool for determination of the dip and strike of a plane from three points located in the plane.
Notes on Geology - Three Point Problem
- Tool determines the orientation (strike azimuth, dip azimuth, dip) of a plane defined by three points.
- 0 < dip < 90 degrees (clockwise down from horizontal; on the right looking along strike)
- 0 < azimuth < 360 degrees (+ve clockwise from North)
- -1 000 000 < coordinates < 1 000 000 m or ft
- Elevation is +ve up; depth is +ve down.
- -10 000 < elevation or depth < 10 000 m or ft
Values displayed with a may be changed ... click on a value to display an entry form ... or use the arrows right of a value to select from a list.
This tool exhibits spreadsheet-like behaviour ... change a value and related values are re-calculated automatically.