An interactive design tool for determination of ballmill power draw.
Notes on Ball Mill Design - Power Draw
- Power Draw is steady running power requirement ... ignoring drive-train losses and startup loads.
- Power Draw is reduced for regrinding ... ie. if 1.5 < (Feed Size/Product Size) < 3.0
- 105 < Feed Size < 10000 microns
- 20 < Product Size < 75 microns
- 3.0 < Mill Diameter < 5.5 m
- 3 < Mill Length < 10 m
- 1 < Vertical Drop < 5 m (top of shell to lowest discharge point)
- RPM < 30
- 0.3 < Ball Vol Fraction < 0.5
- Ball Depth measured from top of shell to balls
- 5 < Max Ball Dia < 20 cm
Ball mill design equations provided by David Martin Menne.
Values displayed with a may be changed ... click on a value to display an entry form ... or use the arrows right of a value to select from a list.
This tool exhibits spreadsheet-like behaviour ... change a value and related values are re-calculated automatically.