An interactive design tool for determination of the energy required for ore comminution by ballmill.
Notes on Ball Mill Design - Energy Required for Comminution
- Feed material is assumed coarse hard rock.
- Feed Size and Product Size are 80% passing mesh sizes (micron)
- 5 < Bond Work Index < 50 kWh/short ton (Imperial units)
- 150 < Feed Size < 25000 micron
- 20 < Product Size < 200 micron
- 0.3 < Ball Vol Fraction < 0.5
- Ball Depth measured from top of shell to balls
- 2.8 < Shell Speed < 10.0 m/s
- Critical Speed is the Shell Speed at which particles are pinned centrifugally to the shell
- 3.0 < Mill Diameter < 5.5 m
Ball mill design equations provided by David Martin Menne.
Values displayed with a may be changed ... click on a value to display an entry form ... or use the arrows right of a value to select from a list.
This tool exhibits spreadsheet-like behaviour ... change a value and related values are re-calculated automatically.