Over half of the Canadian professional associations and more than thirty U.S. states now have a Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirement for professionals to maintain their licensing. Several others have regulations pending that will take effect soon.
Most of the provincial associations and licensing boards do not pre-approve course providers and it is the responsibility of the individual to determine whether an activity meets the acceptance criteria in each case.
EduMine takes the following measures to ensure that your participation in an EduMine course (online course, short course or webcast) meets the requirements for CPD for your provincial association or state board.
- EduMine is approved as a provider of continuing education for engineers and geoscientists by the Authorized Provider Commission of the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and can award Continuing Education Units (CEUs) to those who successfully complete an EduMine course. (1 CEU = 10 Professional Development Hours (PDHs)).
- EduMine has a strict review and approval process to ensure the quality of its courses presented by industry specialists.
- EduMine online courses are tested by licensed engineers to ensure that the credits awarded are consistent with the time required to study the course material and pass the required review (quiz).
- All CPD-qualifying courses cover technical subjects in the engineering disciplines that meet the content requirements of provincial associations and licensing boards.
- All online courses can be viewed for free beforehand so that you can make your own determination as to whether the material is suitable for your CPD needs.
- All online courses provide email communication with the course author(s).
- All webcasts provide interactive, synchronous communication with the presenter(s).
- Certification in an online course requires completion of interactive reviews (quizzes) that confirm achievement of the stated learning objectives.
- EduMine records are maintained for a minimum of seven years.
The Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia (APEGBC) considers study in an EduMine online course that is confirmed by certification as a "formal CPD activity".
Similarly, participation in a short course that is confirmed by an attendance certificate is also considered to be "formal CPD activity"
- Click on one of the links to the right for information on the CPD requirements for your provincial association or state board.
- Click EduMine Enrollment for information on how to enroll in EduMine.
- Click EduMine Certification for information on how to register and qualify for certification in an online course.
- To start earning PDH's now, browse our listings of online courses, or our schedule of short courses and live webcasts.
it is the individual's responsibility to maintain records of professional development activities and to submit those records to the relevant provincial association or state board upon request.
If you have any questions regarding EduMine courses and CPD please contact Sandra Wunsch at email@example.com or +1 604 683 2037