A variety of sling configurations exist to lift different types of loads. It is important to understand the components, types, configurations, and verification procedures of slings in order to ensure safe operations.
This course aims at improving the skills of people who execute slinging operations. Its main objective is to ensure that the learner is able to use the correct slings and procedures.
Topics covered in this course include:
- components used when making overhead lifts,
- visually inspect lifting equipment,
- signals used to direct a crane operator when making a lift,
- description of sling configurations used in overhead lifts,
- lift procedure and safety precautions, and
- ropes and reeving basics.