Changing a seal or a packing on a piece of equipment is part of repair or maintenance operations on industrial equipment. Safety is a must when preparing for an operation or performing a task. Routine and repetitive operations in the workplace are among the most dangerous since, too often, complacency leads workers to lower their guard.
This course covers the various types of seals and their applications, the difference between static seals and dynamic seals, the assembly requirements of the various types of seals, and the causes of seal failure. This course aims at introducing workers to the various types of seals and packings used in a plant.
Topics covered in this course include:
- types of static seals and their uses,
- installation of static seals,
- types of dynamic seals and their uses,
- installation of dynamic seals,
- problem solving, and
- suggestions for practical exercises.