The useful life and performance of rotary machine parts depends to a large extent on the bearings that support them. The selection of an appropriate bearing and the quality of its installation are two factors which have an impact on the performance of rotary equipment.
This course covers the different types of rolling bearings and their uses, the selection of the appropriate type of rolling bearing depending on the conditions under which it will be used, installation and removal techniques, and the causes of premature wear of rolling bearings.
Topics covered in this course include:
- types of bearings and their uses,
- choosing a bearing,
- tolerances in a rolling bearing,
- removal and installation of a rolling bearing,
- analysis of a rolling bearing's condition,
- vibration analysis,
- analysis of oils, and
- suggestions for practical exercises.