The heating, cutting, and welding of metals are regular operations in the metal manufacturing industries and paper industries. It is important for the workers and people working near them that these operations are carried out in complete safety.
This course covers the different gas welding techniques, the working principle of plasma welding and cutting, and the principle of the metallization of mechanical components.
Topics covered in this course include:
- gases used,
- gas welding unit,
- starting-up a gas welding unit,
- torch cutting techniques,
- gas welding techniques,
- welding and plasma cutting techniques,
- heating with propane,
- purging valves,
- inspection of threaded fittings,
- cleaning nozzles, and
- suggestions for practical exercises.