Conveyors handle devices that continuously move large quantities of materials from place to place. To avoid injuries and breakages, workers must follow standard handling procedures and make sure conveyors are not set in motion when mechanics are working on them.
This course covers the various types of conveyors, their components and their uses, the methods used to change belts and make a mechanical splice (using fasteners or vulcanization), how to align a conveyor, and how to identify and solve problems involving the operation of conveyors.
Topics covered in this course include:
- belt and slat conveyors and their uses,
- chain conveyors and their uses,
- single-chain conveyors and their uses,
- causes of failure,
- inspection and maintenance of conveyors,
- conveyor-belt alignment, and
- suggestions for practical exercises.