The roots of hydraulics go back to the aqueducts and irrigation systems of a few thousand years ago. However, the transmission of a force via the pressure of a confined liquid is much more recent.
This course covers the principles and laws of hydraulics, the characteristics of hydraulic fluids, the basic components of a hydraulic circuit and their operation, the various symbols representing hydraulic components, and how to read and understand simple hydraulic system diagrams.
Topics covered in this course include:
- concepts of pressure and flow rate,
- characteristics of hydraulic fluids,
- advantages of hydraulics,
- pump strainers,
- hydraulic pumps,
- control valves,
- non-return valves,
- hydraulic circuits,
- troubleshooting a hydraulic system,
- maintenance and analysis of a hydraulic circuit, and
- suggestions for practical exercises.