In recent years there has been a strong international movement toward knowing and improving the quality of information used in the Mining Industry for resource/reserve estimation. In Canada, this culminated recently with the implementation of National Instrument 43-101 which incorporates, in part, general requirements pertaining to technical matters involved in obtaining assay data and the recognition that those data are of adequate quality to both publicize and to form the basis of a resource/reserve estimation.
This course will demonstrate how the Qualified Person is able to meet the assay quality requirements of NI43-101. Topics to be discussed include: duplicate data collection, use of standards and blanks, simple statistics in the evaluation of standards, recognition of outliers, binary graphs as an interpretive aid to evaluating duplicate data, and displaying and analyzing data.
Emphasis will be placed on the use of simple statistical approaches that can be used to quantify data quality. Examples will be used to illustrate how sampling error, subsampling error and analytical error can be determined and how such results can be used as a basis for improving data quality. Reference will be made to several procedures used in Industry to quantify precision and the general pros and cons of these methods.
Prior to the course, registered delegates have access to the online e-learning material consisting of an introductory course titled Quality Control of Geochemical and Assay Samples.
Certificate in Mining Studies
This course qualifies for two days of short course credit for the Certificate in Mining Studies (CMS), a continuing education program of accredited short courses, webcasts and online courses for lifelong learning in mining, supported by University of British Columbia and University of Arizona.
more details »
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
This course meets the requirements for formal CPD activity for most Canadian provincial associations and US state boards and may contribute the equivalent in hours towards your CPD requirement.
more details »
Who Should Attend?
The course is aimed at geologists, mining engineers, surveyors, geostatisticians and any other professionals dealing with the estimation of resources/reserves in a mining context.
How to Register
Complete and return the registration form by fax: 604 681 4166 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions you can contact Sandra Wunsch by phone at +1 604 683 2037.
The full fee for the two day program is CAD 1,450 + tax. The fee covers tuition, a comprehensive set of course notes, access to EduMine e-learning, a certificate of attendance, continental breakfasts and lunches including light refreshments. The fee does not cover accommodation.
Early Bird: there is a 10% discount if you register at least 30 days before the course start date.
* A 10% discount is offered for groups of 3 or more OR if you provide your Annual EduMine subscription User ID at time of registration.
* These discounts cannot be combined.
The course will be held at the BCIT Downtown Campus, which is located in the heart of downtown Vancouver, close to the Granville Skytrain Station and about 5 min. walking distance from recommended hotels.
Address: 555 Seymour Street, downtown Vancouver, BC, V6B 3H6.
If you need to make hotel reservations, we recommend the following hotels. Each hotel is within 5-10min walking distance to the course venue and provides convenient access to transportation and 'Canada Line' rapid transit to/from Vancouver International Airport.
When making reservations make sure to ask for the "InfoMine corporate rate".
- Hotel Le Soleil, named by Resorts & Great Hotels Magazine as "One of the Top 100 Hotels in the World," has been recipient of the American automobile Association's (AAA) 4-Diamond rating since its opening. Hotel Le Soleil differentiates itself with a unique mixture of stylish sophistication and old world elegance. Featuring 119 luxury boutique lodging accommodations it is conveniently located across the street from the InfoMine/EduMine offices. Experience Copper Chimney restaurant's award winning chefs and enter into an exotic world of Indian fusion food.
Rate Guarantee: If another rate is found online that is lower than the "InfoMine corporate rate" they will match the advertised rate (proof of rate and inclusions must be provided - printed or emailed copy of offer will be required).
The Hotel Le Soleil website link is: http://www.hotellesoleil.com
- Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver: Make yourself at home in one of the Metropolitan Hotel's 197 elegantly appointed guestrooms and suites. Enjoy the Metropolitan's 24-hour Business center; fully-equipped Health Club with indoor pool, whirlpool, sauna, and squash court; and the Diva at the Met restaurant, a AAA 4-Diamond rated restaurant featuring Vancouver's finest cuisine, celebrated Chef's table, and distinguished wine cellar. The Metropolitan has received a "4 Green Keys" rating through the Green Key Eco-Rating Program.
To book your room online with our personal InfoMine corporate rate link go to: http://private.metropolitan.com/VDZKNSEDL2.
The Metropolitan Hotel's website link is: http://www.metropolitan.com/vanc/
- Delta Vancouver Suites Hotel is an elegant, all-suite hotel located in the Heritage District of downtown Vancouver and within a block of the 'Canada Line' rapid transit. Engage your senses in the Manhattan Restaurant, a typical New York eatery, or at Spencer's Lounge. 24-hour fitness center.
To book your room online with our personal InfoMine corporate rate link go to: http://www.deltahotels.com/imit/inp.
The link to the Delta Vancouver Suites website is: http://www.deltavancouversuites.ca/
For further information about hotels in Downtown Vancouver, see the following link: http://www.hotels-vancouver.ca/hotels/Downtown
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Short courses earn PDH/CEU credits for engineers in provinces and states that have CPD requirements. EduMine is an approved provider of continuing education by the Authorized Provider Commission of The International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
Certificate of Attendance
Provincial/state regulations for CPD require that you attend the entire short course and that you complete an evaluation at the end of the course. Your Certificate of Attendance, with earned PDH, is issued on completion.
A 10% administration fee will be levied for cancellations made up to two weeks prior to the start of the course. Cancellations thereafter will be liable to the loss of the full fee. Notice of cancellation must be given in writing by letter or fax and action will be taken to recover, from the delegates or their employers, that portion of the fee owing at the time of cancellation.
EduMine reserves the right to cancel an advertised course at short notice. It will endeavour to provide participants with as much notice as possible, but will not accept liability for costs incurred by participants or their organisations for the cancellation of travel arrangements and/or accommodation reservations as a result of the course being cancelled or postponed. If a course is cancelled, fees will be refunded in full. EduMine also reserves the right to postpone or make such alterations to the content of a course as may be necessary.