The course provides a concise and up-to-date overview of grinding processes. The course will introduce grinding fundamentals as well as grinding techniques. Participants will be introduced to the various types of grinding equipment, including the latest technology in crushing and milling. The course will also survey grinding optimisation, crushing laws, and energy costs.
The course also covers the principles of flotation. It provides comprehensive information on flotation parameters, such as flotation reagents, equipment, and operation. Participants will learn about new techniques in flotation along with flotation process optimisation and modeling.
For more details please see the course schedule.
Prior to the course, registered delegates have access to online e-learning material consisting of two introductory courses titled Flotation 1 - Fundamentals and Grinding 1 - Fundamentals.
Certificate in Mining Studies
This course qualifies for two days of short course credit for the Certificate in Mining Studies (CMS), a continuing education program of accredited short courses, webcasts and online courses for lifelong learning in mining, supported by University of British Columbia and University of Arizona. more details »
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
This course meets the requirements for formal CPD activity for most Canadian provincial associations and US state boards and may contribute the equivalent in hours towards your CPD requirement. more details »
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed to provide an updated, comprehensive review of the state of the art to mining personnel; project managers; geologists; senior mine and processing plant operating staff, including plant managers, operation managers, technical managers, metallurgists, engineers and researchers, engineering geologists, processing managers, and materials managers. It is also of interest to students as well as research and academic personnel of universities. The course can also benefit service providers, suppliers to the mining industry, and technologists.
Instruction will take place from 9:00AM to 5:00PM each day, with a lunch break from noon to 1:00PM and 15 minute snack breaks in mid-morning and mid-afternoon. Topics covered will include the following:
- PSD determination and equipment
- Pulp and particles properties
- Ore analysis and properties
- Ore handling
- Particle Size Analysis
- Crushing and equipment
- Primary crushing
- Secondary crushing
- Tertiary crushing
- Grinding and equipment
- Coarse grinding
- Fine Grinding
- Grinding for advanced materials
- Energy cost and energy minimisation in grinding
- Mill power and mill selection
- Crushing laws
- Front end and back end grinding equipment and grinding circuits
- Grinding process optimization
Flotation vs. other separation methods
- Cell Design
- Air Flow
- Cell Bank
- Feed Rate
- Particle Size
- Pulp Density
Flotation using nano materials as collectors
Flotation equipment and circuits
Flotation process optimisation
Flotation process modelling
- Copper ores
- Lead and zinc ores
- Nickel ores
How to Register
Complete and return the registration form by fax: 604 681 4166 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions you can contact Sandra Wunsch by phone at +1 604 683 2037.
The full fee for the two-day program is CAD 1,500 + tax. The fee covers tuition, a comprehensive set of course notes, access to EduMine Pre-Course e-Learning, a certificate of attendance, and catered breakfasts and lunches including light refreshments. The fee does not cover accommodation.
Early Bird: there is a 10% discount if you register at least 30 days before the course start date.
* A 10% discount is offered for groups of 3 or more OR if you provide your Annual EduMine subscription User ID at time of registration.
* These discounts cannot be combined.
The course will be held at UBC Robson Square, 800 Robson Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada. Detailed arrival instructions, including a map, will be sent to all participants 10-14 days prior to the commencement of the course.
For more details see: http://robsonsquare.ubc.ca/find-us/
If you need to make hotel reservations, we recommend the following hotels. Each hotel is within 5-10min walking distance to the course venue and provides convenient access to transportation and 'Canada Line' rapid transit to/from Vancouver International Airport.
When making reservations make sure to ask for the "InfoMine corporate rate".
- Hotel Le Soleil, named by Resorts & Great Hotels Magazine as "One of the Top 100 Hotels in the World," has been recipient of the American automobile Association's (AAA) 4-Diamond rating since its opening. Hotel Le Soleil differentiates itself with a unique mixture of stylish sophistication and old world elegance. Featuring 119 luxury boutique lodging accommodations it is conveniently located across the street from the InfoMine/EduMine offices. Experience Copper Chimney restaurant's award winning chefs and enter into an exotic world of Indian fusion food.
The Hotel Le Soleil website link is: http://www.hotellesoleil.com
- Delta Vancouver Suites Hotel is an elegant, all-suite hotel located in the Heritage District of downtown Vancouver and within a block of the 'Canada Line' rapid transit. Engage your senses in the Manhattan Restaurant, a typical New York eatery, or at Spencer's Lounge. 24-hour fitness center.
To book your room online with our personal InfoMine corporate rate link go to: http://www.deltahotels.com/imit/inp.
The link to the Delta Vancouver Suites website is: http://www.deltavancouversuites.ca/
- Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver: Make yourself at home in one of the Metropolitan Hotel's 197 elegantly appointed guestrooms and suites. Enjoy the Metropolitan's 24-hour Business center; fully-equipped Health Club with indoor pool, whirlpool, sauna, and squash court; and the Diva at the Met restaurant, a AAA 4-Diamond rated restaurant featuring Vancouver's finest cuisine, celebrated Chef's table, and distinguished wine cellar. The Metropolitan has received a "4 Green Keys" rating through the Green Key Eco-Rating Program.
To book your room online with our personal InfoMine corporate rate link go to: http://private.metropolitan.com/VDZKNSEDL2.
The Metropolitan Hotel's website link is: http://www.metropolitan.com/vanc/
For further information about hotels in Downtown Vancouver, see the following link: http://www.hotels-vancouver.ca/hotels/Downtown
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Short courses earn PDH/CEU credits for engineers in provinces and states that have CPD requirements. EduMine is an approved provider of continuing education by the Authorized Provider Commission of The International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
For more details, check provincial or state requirements.
Certificate of Attendance
Provincial/state regulations for CPD require that you attend the entire short course and that you complete an evaluation at the end of the course. Your Certificate of Attendance, with earned PDH, is issued on completion.
A 10% administration fee will be levied for cancellations made up to two weeks prior to the start of the course. Cancellations thereafter will be liable to the loss of the full fee. Notice of cancellation must be given in writing by letter or fax and action will be taken to recover, from the delegates or their employers, that portion of the fee owing at the time of cancellation.
EduMine reserves the right to cancel an advertised course at short notice. It will endeavour to provide participants with as much notice as possible, but will not accept liability for costs incurred by participants or their organisations for the cancellation of travel arrangements and/or accommodation reservations as a result of the course being cancelled or postponed. If a course is cancelled, fees will be refunded in full. EduMine also reserves the right to postpone or make such alterations to the content of a course as may be necessary.