The course provides a concise and up-to-date overview of grinding processes. The course will introduce grinding fundamentals as well as grinding techniques. Participants will be introduced to the various types of grinding equipment, including the latest technology in crushing and milling. The course will also survey grinding optimisation, crushing laws, and energy costs.
The course also covers the principles of flotation. It provides comprehensive information on flotation parameters, such as flotation reagents, equipment, and operation. Participants will learn about new techniques in flotation along with flotation process optimisation and modeling.
For more details please see the course schedule.
Prior to the course, registered delegates have access to online e-learning material consisting of two introductory courses titled Flotation 1 - Fundamentals and Grinding 1 - Fundamentals.
Certificate in Mining Studies
This course qualifies for two days of short course credit for the Certificate in Mining Studies (CMS), a continuing education program of accredited short courses, webcasts and online courses for lifelong learning in mining, supported by University of British Columbia, University of Arizona and University of Concepción. more details »
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Registered participants who attend the entire short course and complete an evaluation at the end of the course will receive a Certificate of Attendance, confirming the Professional Development Hours (PDH)/Continuing Education Units (CEU) earned. Please confirm with your employer and/or professional association that this course qualifies for CPD.
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed to provide an updated, comprehensive review of the state of the art to mining personnel; project managers; geologists; senior mine and processing plant operating staff, including plant managers, operation managers, technical managers, metallurgists, engineers and researchers, engineering geologists, processing managers, and materials managers. It is also of interest to students as well as research and academic personnel of universities. The course can also benefit service providers, suppliers to the mining industry, and technologists.
Instruction will take place from 9:00AM to 5:00PM each day, with a lunch break from noon to 1:00PM and 15 minute snack breaks in mid-morning and mid-afternoon. Topics covered will include the following:
- PSD determination and equipment
- Pulp and particles properties
- Ore analysis and properties
- Ore handling
- Particle Size Analysis
- Crushing and equipment
- Primary crushing
- Secondary crushing
- Tertiary crushing
- Grinding and equipment
- Coarse grinding
- Fine Grinding
- Grinding for advanced materials
- Energy cost and energy minimisation in grinding
- Mill power and mill selection
- Crushing laws
- Front end and back end grinding equipment and grinding circuits
- Grinding process optimization
Flotation vs. other separation methods
- Cell Design
- Air Flow
- Cell Bank
- Feed Rate
- Particle Size
- Pulp Density
Flotation using nano materials as collectors
Flotation equipment and circuits
Flotation process optimisation
Flotation process modelling
- Copper ores
- Lead and zinc ores
- Nickel ores
How to Register
To register yourself, click the ‘Register Now’ button and complete the online registration form.
To register on behalf of someone else, or to register groups of 2 or more, please contact us; discounts may apply.
Questions? Please contact Edumine: +1 604 683 2037 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you during regular business hours, Monday - Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm Pacific Time.
The full fee for the two-day program is CAD 1,500 + tax. The fee covers the lecture, a comprehensive set of course notes, access to Edumine Pre-Course e-Learning, a certificate of attendance, and catered breakfasts and lunches including light refreshments. The fee does not cover accommodation.
Early Bird: there is a 10% discount if you register at least 30 days prior to the course start date. A 10% discount is offered for groups of 5 or more OR if you provide your Annual Edumine subscription User ID at time of registration. The maximum discount that can be applied is 20%.
The course will be held at InfoMine Inc, Vancouver, Canada, Suite 640 - 580 Hornby Street, Vancouver, BC. Detailed arrival instructions will be sent to all participants 10-14 days prior to the commencement of the course.
If you need to make hotel reservations, we recommend the following hotels. Each hotel is within a 5-15 minute walking distance of the course venue and provides convenient access to transportation and 'Canada Line' rapid transit to/from Vancouver International Airport.
When making reservations make sure to ask for the "InfoMine corporate rate".
- Executive Hotel Le Soleil, named by Resorts & Great Hotels Magazine as "One of the Top 100 Hotels in the World," has been recipient of the American Automobile Association's (AAA) 4-Diamond rating since its opening. Executive Hotel Le Soleil differentiates itself with a unique mixture of stylish sophistication and old world elegance. Featuring 119 luxury boutique lodging accommodations, it is conveniently located across the street from the InfoMine/Edumine offices. Experience Copper Chimney restaurant's award winning chefs and enter into an exotic world of Indian fusion food.
The Hotel Le Soleil's website is: http://www.hotellesoleil.com.
- Metropolitan Hotel Vancouver: make yourself at home in one of the Metropolitan Hotel's 197 elegantly appointed guestrooms and suites. Enjoy the Metropolitan's 24-hour Business Center; fully-equipped Health Club with indoor pool, whirlpool, sauna, and squash court; and the Diva at the Met restaurant, a AAA 4-Diamond rated restaurant featuring Vancouver's finest cuisine, celebrated Chef's table, and distinguished wine cellar. The Metropolitan has received a "4 Green Keys" rating through the Green Key Eco-Rating Program.
To book your room online with our personal InfoMine corporate rate link go to: http://private.metropolitan.com/VDZKNSEDL2.
The Metropolitan Hotel's website is: http://www.metropolitan.com/vanc/.
- Vancouver’s most art-full hotel, the Listel Hotel is a cultural tourist’s dream and a showcase for eco-friendly practices. Packed with original art, this 129 room boutique hotel boasts comfortable, contemporary furnishings and a perfect location in the West End, the city’s most eclectic shopping and dining neighbourhood. The hotel is also home to Forage, a pioneer in sustainable restaurant operations and home to Chef Chris Whittaker’s award-winning farm-to-table fare. Forage is known for its small plate dining and BC wine and craft beer on tap.
The Listel Hotel's website is: http://www.thelistelhotel.com.
- Days Inn Downtown Vancouver Hotel: experience the modern comforts of the historic full-service business hotel located in the core of downtown Vancouver. Their West Coast hospitality will ensure your stay is as comfortable as possible. Discover true value at the Days Inn Downtown Vancouver Hotel as they provide FREE Wireless Internet, Bottled Water / Tea & Small Business Center. InfoMine’s corporate rate includes $10.00 breakfast voucher, best available room at check-in, Day Pass to Health and Fitness Centre around the corner.
The Days Inn Downtown's website is: http://www.daysinnvancouver.com/.
For further information about hotels in Downtown Vancouver, see the following website: http://www.hotels-vancouver.ca/hotels/Downtown.
Terms and Conditions
By submitting a short course registration form, you agree to pay the associated fees in full before the course start date.
Notice of cancellation must be given in writing by letter, fax or email and action will be taken to recover, from the delegates or their employers, that portion of the fee owing at the time of cancellation.
A 10% administration fee will be levied for cancellations made 4 or more weeks prior to the first day of the course. Thereafter, the following cancellation refund schedule will apply.
- Cancellation made more than 3 weeks prior to the first day of the short course: 70% of the registration fee is reimbursed.
- Cancellation made more than 2 weeks prior to the first day of the short course: 50% of the registration fee is reimbursed.
- Cancellation made less than 2 weeks prior to the first day of the short course: no reimbursement of registration fees.
Edumine reserves the right to cancel an advertised course on short notice. It will endeavour to provide participants with as much notice as possible, but will not accept liability for costs incurred by participants or their organisations as a result of the course being cancelled or postponed. If a course is cancelled, fees will be refunded in full. Edumine also reserves the right to postpone or make such alterations to the content of a course as may be necessary.