This course examines the various approaches and methods of developing valuations for mineral properties and projects as well as mining companies. International standards are reviewed and the Canadian CIMVAL standard is discussed in more detail. The three valuation approaches (Cost, Market, Income) are examined along with the various methods within each approach. Techniques for risk assessment are described. Reporting requirements are examined and a suggested table of contents for a valuation report is discussed.
Prior to the course, registered delegates have access to the online e-learning material consisting of two introductory courses titled Mineral Property Valuation 1 - Standards and Guidelines and Mineral Property Valuation 2 - Approaches and Methods.
Certificate in Mining Studies
This course qualifies for one day of short course credit for the Certificate in Mining Studies (CMS), a continuing education program of accredited short courses, webcasts and online courses for lifelong learning in mining, supported by University of British Columbia, University of Arizona and University of Concepción. more details »
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Registered participants who attend the entire short course and complete an evaluation at the end of the course will receive a Certificate of Attendance, confirming the Professional Development Hours (PDH)/Continuing Education Units (CEU) earned. Please confirm with your employer and/or professional association that this course qualifies for CPD.
Who Should Attend?
The course is appropriate for geologists, explorationists, engineers, regulators, mining analysts, mineral economists and others with a basic understanding of the mineral industry.
Instruction will take place from 8:30AM to 5:00PM, with a lunch break from noon to 1:00PM and 15 minute snack breaks mid-morning and mid-afternoon.
The course includes following topics:
- International Standards
- Valuation Concepts
- Valuation Approaches
- Cost Approach and Methods
- Market Approach and Methods
- Income Approach and Methods
- Valuing Companies
- Valuation Reports
How to Register
To register yourself, click the ‘Register Now’ button and complete the online registration form.
To register on behalf of someone else, or to register groups of 2 or more, please contact us; discounts may apply.
Questions? Please contact Edumine: +1 604 683 2037 or email@example.com and we will get back to you during regular business hours, Monday - Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm Pacific Time.
The fee covers the lecture, access to Pre-Course e-Learning, a certificate of attendance, and catered breakfasts and lunches including light refreshments. The fee does not cover accommodation.
Early Bird: there is a 10% discount if you register at least 30 days prior to the course start date. A 10% discount is offered for groups of 5 or more OR if you provide your Annual Edumine subscription User ID at time of registration. The maximum discount that can be applied is 20%.
The course will be held at the DoubleTree by Hilton Toronto Downtown which is located at 108 Chestnut Street in downtown Toronto.
If you need to make hotel reservations, we recommend the following hotel. When making reservations, be sure to ask for the “InfoMine corporate rate”, or book through the one-click reservation link noted below.
- Situated at the crossroads of Toronto’s financial, research and entertainment districts, the newly refreshed DoubleTree by Hilton Toronto Downtown offers a quiet retreat set amongst a vibrant urban locale. With 486 guestrooms and suites the hotel is ideally suited for modern business professionals and leisure seekers alike. You won’t even need to leave the hotel lobby to enjoy some of Toronto’s finest dining experiences. Hemispheres Restaurant & Bistro presents an eminently delicious menu with a tranquil backdrop, while the award winning Lai Wah Heen offers the height of Chinese cuisine in an exquisite setting. DoubleTree by Hilton Toronto Downtown provides easy access to Pearson International Airport, and is equipped with an newly refreshed indoor pool and expanded Precor fitness centre, business centre, and wireless high speed internet access.
The Hotel’s website is: http://www.torontodowntown.doubletree.com
Book your room online through our personal InfoMine corporate rate link (room rate includes internet access).
Terms and Conditions
By submitting a short course registration form, you agree to pay the associated fees in full before the course start date.
Notice of cancellation must be given in writing by letter, fax or email and action will be taken to recover, from the delegates or their employers, that portion of the fee owing at the time of cancellation.
A 10% administration fee will be levied for cancellations made 4 or more weeks prior to the first day of the course. Thereafter, the following cancellation refund schedule will apply.
- Cancellation made more than 3 weeks prior to the first day of the short course: 70% of the registration fee is reimbursed.
- Cancellation made more than 2 weeks prior to the first day of the short course: 50% of the registration fee is reimbursed.
- Cancellation made less than 2 weeks prior to the first day of the short course: no reimbursement of registration fees.
Edumine reserves the right to cancel an advertised course on short notice. It will endeavour to provide participants with as much notice as possible, but will not accept liability for costs incurred by participants or their organisations as a result of the course being cancelled or postponed. If a course is cancelled, fees will be refunded in full. Edumine also reserves the right to postpone or make such alterations to the content of a course as may be necessary.