This course will be presented in English with simultaneous Spanish interpretation. For Spanish web pages for this course click here .
This course is one of a series of six Professional Development in Mining courses to be held in Lima between May 27 and June 1. Other courses in the series include the following.
These courses are presented by EduMine in collaboration with PUCP and made possible by the support of Compañía Minera Antamina S.A..
This 2-day course will highlight successful maintenance practices based on the author’s experience and his best-selling book, "Uptime, Strategies for Excellence in Maintenance Management" (2nd edition, 2006). James will present the "Uptime Model of Excellence" and describe its 10 major elements and sub components including:
- maintenance performance improvement strategies,
- organization for success: people and teamwork considerations,
- work and related materials Management processes and practices: planning, scheduling, and warehousing considerations,
- basic care and the use of 5S as a foundation activity,
- performance management and measures,
- software support for maintenance and reliability: management systems and modeling tools,
- failure management strategies and optimizing your maintenance tactics: preventive and predictive maintenance,
- optimizing an existing maintenance program, and
- designing for high reliability—setting the stage for success in new projects.
Prior to the course, registered delegates have access to the online e-learning material consisting of an introductory course in English, titled Uptime - Strategies for Excellence in Maintenance Management.
Certificate in Mining Studies
This course qualifies for two days of short course credit for the Certificate in Mining Studies (CMS), a continuing education program of accredited short courses, webcasts and online courses for lifelong learning in mining, supported by University of British Columbia and University of Arizona. more details »
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Registered participants who attend the entire short course and complete an evaluation at the end of the course will receive a Certificate of Attendance, confirming the Professional Development Hours (PDH)/Continuing Education Units (CEU) earned. Please confirm with your employer and/or professional association that this course qualifies for CPD.
Who Should Attend?
This course is suitable for senior maintainers, maintenance managers, reliability and maintenance engineers, production managers and senior level managers who are looking for major improvements in operational performance. It is recommended as particularly important for those managers setting out on an improvement program to learn what to expect along that journey.
Instruction will take place from 9:00AM to 5:30PM each day, with a lunch break from 12:30PM to 1:30PM and 30 minute snack breaks in mid-morning and mid-afternoon.
The course includes the following topics:
Welcome & Introduction
- The Uptime Model of Excellence
- Maintenance performance improvement strategies
- Organization for success, people and teamwork considerations
- Work and related materials Management processes and practices (includes planning, scheduling and warehousing considerations).
- Basic care and the use of 5S as a foundation activity
- Performance management and measures
- Software support for maintenance and reliability—management systems and modeling tools
- Failure management strategies and optimizing your maintenance tactics (includes discussion of preventive and predictive maintenance)
- Optimizing an existing maintenance program
- Designing for high reliability—setting the stage for success in new projects
How to Register
Complete and return the registration form by fax: 604 681 4166 or email: [email protected].
If you have any questions you can contact EduMine by phone at +1 604 683 2037 or send an email to [email protected].
The full fee for the two day program is USD 1,600 + 18% tax. The fee covers the lecture in English with simultaneous Spanish translation, a comprehensive set of course notes, access to pre-course e-learning, a certificate of attendance, and buffet lunches including light refreshments. The fee does not cover accommodation.
Early Bird: there is a 10% discount if you register and submit payment at least 30 days before the course start date.
The course will be held at Hotel Novotel Lima. Detailed arrival instructions, including a map, will be sent to all participants 10-14 days prior to the commencement of the course.
If you need to make hotel reservations, we recommend the Hotel Novotel Lima. Strategically located in San Isidro, adjacent to the city's largest business district, the hotel offers a complete package of accommodation, food and drink, events and entertainment. For more details, see the Hotel Novotel Lima website.
For further information about hotels in Lima, see www.booking.com.
Terms and Conditions
By submitting a short course registration form, you agree to pay the associated fees in full before the course start date.
A 10% administration fee will be levied for cancellations made up to two weeks prior to the start of the course. Cancellations thereafter will be liable to the loss of the full fee. Notice of cancellation must be given in writing by letter or fax and action will be taken to recover, from the delegates or their employers, that portion of the fee owing at the time of cancellation.
EduMine reserves the right to cancel an advertised course at short notice. It will endeavour to provide participants with as much notice as possible, but will not accept liability for costs incurred by participants or their organisations for the cancellation of travel arrangements and/or accommodation reservations as a result of the course being cancelled or postponed. If a course is cancelled, fees will be refunded in full. EduMine also reserves the right to postpone or make such alterations to the content of a course as may be necessary.