This course is intended for those who have to model groundwater conditions at mines, as well as those who have to review and approve groundwater models. It is also intended for all who may have to make decisions about mines on issues that are controlled or affected by groundwater and the modeling of mine groundwater conditions. Finally, the course is intended for all who may be interested in or affected by groundwater at mines worldwide.
These are the primary topics of this course.
- Mine groundwater conceptual models
- Setting up a mine-related groundwater model
- Calibrating the conceptual model
- Making predictions about future groundwater conditions during and after mining
- Open pits and groundwater
- Underground mines and groundwater
- Tailings, waste rock, and leach pad facilities and groundwater
- Mines, groundwater, and environmental impact
Groundwater modeling examples in this course are provided by Soilvision Systems
The course comprises 16 learning sessions, each of 30 to 60 minutes duration, plus supporting examples, figures, tables and references, and interactive reviews that confirm your achievement of the learning objectives. The total duration of the course is approximately 11 hours.